Flaccid Paralysis of Extremities
Usually without pain
Body Damaged by Lung Heat
- Follows febrile disease
- Usually lower extremities
- Low grade fever and yin impairment
- T: Red with yellow or scanty coat
- Sha Shen Mai Men Dong Tang + San Miao San
- Qing Zao Jiu Fei Tang
- Yang Ming points. Stomach channel for legs, L.I. for arms.
Qi Deficiency of the Spleen/Stomach
- Weakness (not paralysis) of limbs, normal movement, but very weak.
- Bloating, indigestion, loose stool, aversion to cold, pale complexion.
- T: Pale
- P: Thready and weak
- Prevalent during post illness recovery period.
Deficiency of Liver and Kidney
- Old age, or following illness.
- Hyposensitivity of extremities leading to weakness leading to paralysis
- Sore lower back, dysmenorrhea, premature ejaculation
- Dizziness, vertigo, fatigue
- T: Pale
- P: Deep, thready, weak
- Jing Deficiency, sometimes combined with Qi or Yin deficiency.
- Tonifiy Jing and Liver (for tendons)
- Zuo Gui Yin
- You Gui Yin
- Da Bu Yin Wan
- Weakness leading to numbness
- Possible spasm leading to paralysis
- T: Purple
- P: Choppy, thready
- Post stroke sequellae or tissue trauma
- Phlegm remains in channels after stroke
- Promote Blood circulation.